1c Dried cranberries
2c Unbleached all-purpose flourq
1c Granulated sugar
1t Baking powder
1/2t Baking soda
2 Large eggs
2 Large egg whites
2t Pure vanilla extract
1T Grated orange zest
1c Shelled natural pistachios(unsalted)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with baking parchment. Sprinkle the vodka over the cranberries and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle and stir to blend. Add the eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract, and orange zest and beat on low speed until the dough just comes together. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the cranberries with their vodka and the pistachios.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into 3 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a log about 12 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Place two of the logs 4 inches apart on one of the prepared cookie sheets and the third log on the other.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the logs are firm to the touch and turn a light golden color. Remove from the oven and place cookie sheets on wire racks. Let them cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Slide the baked logs onto a cutting board. Using a long serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut sides down, on the cookie sheets. Bake for an additional 15 minutes on each side, until dry and toasted to a light golden color.
- Remove the biscotti to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store them at room temperature in an airtight container. They will keep for up to a month.